The vast majority of The Beatles' recordings are in a major key. In fact, 171 (81.0%) of the band's 211 tracks are exclusively in major keys. That leaves 40 songs (19.0%) that use (a) minor key(s).
Eight are in minor and only in minor:
Much more common are songs that are partially in minor. This is found on 30 tracks:
Lastly, two are neither major nor minor:
Tomorrow evening I speak for a third time at the Fremont library (during which I will miss my only chance to see Deconstructing The White Album - oh well!).
Wednesday, 16 November 2016, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Fremont Public Library, 1170 N Midlothian Rd, Mundelein, IL
The Beatles & The Rolling Stones
Ask anybody to name two English rock bands from the 1960s and the response will likely be The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. But despite often being portrayed as rivals in the media, the two groups were actually quite friendly towards each other, both socially and musically. This 60-minute presentation will compare and contrast the two through musical examples and interviews with the band members to illustrate the relationship between The Beatles & The Rolling Stones.
This blog is a workshop for developing my analyses of The Beatles' music.